Schembri and Killen – American Marketing Management Out at Mitsubishi

This article has 6 comments

1. DAFKG 06/19/2006, 2:14 pm:

Does anyone know where Dave Schembri is working now?
    July 3, 2006: Dave Schembri has just emerged as President of smart USA working with Roger Penske. This fits very well with Schembri’s experience as head of the smart team at Mercedes-Benz USA when they were planning on importing the car through MBUSA. Apparently, Dave has been working on smart with Penske since he left Mitsubishi in February.

2. timothy Burke 01/04/2007, 10:54 am:

DAFKG,
    Yes! I just met David Schembri a couple of days ago to discuss the new SMART vehicle. Please contact me if you would like more information.
    Tim
    What is your take on the potential for smart in the USA. What tricks do Schembri and Penske have up their sleeves?
    ED

3. Bobby Likis 01/29/2007, 1:05 pm:

No tricks re the Smart car. Certainly no tricks expected from Roger Penske.
    8 years ago during a vacation in Italy, I first spotted the Smart – actually visited the Naples dealer and purchased two cars ($9K each) – but delivery to the US was not possible. I followed Steve Schneider’s pursuit of this vehicle – saw what happened later on between his company and MB – was not surprised.
    I’m delighted to see this vehicle finally arriving in the US, but in order to ensure consumer’s acceptance, it’s essential that parts & service needs are in place. I’ve toured a European dealer (see photos) and know that parts & service are Smart’s weakest link.
    Let’s hope that Mr. Penske and Mr. Schrembi have fully addressed this with their “Smart Team America.” I, for one, am ready to buy the first two cars off the boat.
    Bobby Likis,
    Robert A. “Bobby” Likis
    President & CEO
    Car Clinic Productions, Inc.
    5675 North Davis Highway
    Pensacola, Florida 32503
    ring 850-478-3139
    fax 850-477-0862
    Bobby@CarClinicNetwork.com
    Live Saturday 10a – 12n ET
    888-Car-Clinic (888-227-2546)

4. catherine meyer 09/14/2007, 7:30 am:

We have two smart cars that we bought in Mexico 2 years ago. Mind is the four four, which I”m told is not being made anymore. (too bad) My husband drives the Smart Brabus. We love both of them. I could have sold a thousand of them in the last two years what with all the questions people ask me wherever I go.
    If they are sold in California I would be interested in helping to them sell them because I wouldn’t have any trouble selling something I totally believe in.

5. Robert Rodgers 12/15/2007, 10:33 am:

I’ve been a Mercedes lover for over 25 years. I’ve also owned about 10 M-B cars amd rstored about 6 of them over that period and when I test drove the Smart Car I wanted one right away, that was 3 years ago. I’d like to work with Smart Fortwo Team so get back to me, I’m in Williamsburg, Va.

6. Steve Smith 01/30/2008, 7:05 am:

Does anyone know how I may be able to get in touch with Dave Schembri or his marketing team? I have a product that would complement the Smart Car and most definitely increase sales in the American and European markets.
    Thanks, Steve S.