2009 NAIAS: Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S
- January 9, 2009
- Posted by George Peterson
- Comments Off on 2009 NAIAS: Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S
Maserati tries to put a positive spin on product at the Detroit show, enhancing the Quattroporte into the GT S. More power and luxury, the stuff of dreams.
Follow the jump for Maserati’s announcement.
The New Quattroporte Sport GT S Debuting At 2009 NAIAS
On the 70th anniversary of Maserati’s First Indianapolis 500 win
Modena — December 22nd, 2008 — The new Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S sets yet another milestone in terms of sportiness in the high performance luxury sedan segment╩ of the automotive market. Conceived and developed as a real driving machine in the guise of a luxury sedan, the Quattroporte Sport GT S is the ultimate expression of Maserati’s sportiness in the Quattroporte range.
The technical changes to the new Quattroporte Sport GT S — in respect to the Quattroporte S concern four areas:
* the mapping of the V8 4.7 liter engine, with power increased to 323kW (433 HP);
* the gearshift management software, with new features designed to increase driving enjoyment;
* the front and rear suspension system featuring single-rate dampers, stiffer springs and lower ride height;
* the sports exhaust controlled by pneumatic valves for a deep, throaty and captivating sound.
The sportier and more aggressive look is evident also — by virtue of the interior and exterior stylistic choices:
* the new black grill with concave vertical fins featuring the Trident logo with red accents, typical of the sportier versions of Maserati models;
* the new headlights, in metallic titanium finish;
* the side and rear shadow line, which includes black finishing around the doors, body-colored door handles and black twin oval exhaust pipes,
* the new M-design seats with perforated Alcantara¿ and leather upholstery;
* the standard trim in Titantex, a titanium colored composite material.